Graduate - Operations Coordinator
Hoop helps families discover everything that's going on for their kids. We’re available in cities across the country and have over 500,000 downloads. In December, Apple selected Hoop as one of their 10 ‘Best of the App Store’ apps for 2016.
Parents love Hoop, and we’re growing rapidly. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate looking to take on real responsibility and help build something new. Working directly with the COO, you’ll get stacks of support and learn lots within the role. Join our mission to bring Hoop to millions of families across the country.
We’re looking for a passionate Operations Coordinator to join our team as we take Hoop nationwide. The successful candidate will have a meticulous eye for detail, a high benchmark for quality and the natural ability to build smart, effective processes. We're a small team working on a big goal so we also look for strong communicators who are really excited about joining a mobile startup.
A large team of people work for Hoop remotely, adding our data and keeping it in top shape. A big responsibility for our Operations Coordinator will be helping to support this team - keeping them in the loop on all the changes at Hoop HQ and ensuring the quality of their work remains high. The successful applicant will also assist with all components of our data collection, quality assurance and content management and more generally ensuring we’re successful in the day to day operational running of the app.
Operations at Hoop
The Operations team is the lifeblood of Hoop. Our app is updated around the clock and we ensure that families never miss out on a great activity by fuelling Hoop with thousands of events. It isn’t an option to let a family down with out of date or inaccurate information so we set a high standard on accuracy and work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to refine our processes. Operations are the team closest to the event data, so we help Hoop stay innovative by informing the business about key trends, making recommendations about what our users would like to see from us next.
What you’ll be doing
- Learning stacks about operations, content management, marketing and product management from a world-class team
- Helping us deliver our great app to homes across the country
- Supporting our remote team in their creation of the data that powers Hoop
- Collaborating closely with internal teams to manage ongoing content quality
- Developing detailed documentation for internal processes and identifying areas where efficiency gains can be made
- Editing, moderating and aggregating listings to ensure our product is best in market
- Getting your hands dirty with data admin and content addition
- Serving as an ambassador for our business by working with partners and liaising with the families that use Hoop
- Implementing metrics to aid and track business growth
What we're looking for
- Strong education - a graduate degree is essential
- Strong numeracy skills - comfortable working with Excel and basic data reports
- Startup attitude - excited by the opportunities and challenges of working in a fast paced, competitive arena
- A passion for technology - familiar with key players and publications in the space
- Pragmatic and detail-oriented - can manage competing priorities, switch focus quickly and maintain high standards of quality
- Process driven - enjoys devising systems and constantly refining them
- Hard working - can be relied on to hit every deadline and thrive when in control of own schedule
- Team player - enjoys working with others, understands their priorities and recognises a great team requires an "all hands on deck" attitude
- Effective communicator - a patient and articulate ‘people person’ with excellent interpersonal skills
- Can engage others, even whilst translating complex details
- A brand ambassador - ready to represent Hoop externally and help make our business memorable for the right reasons
You’ll be one of Hoop's earliest team members with the ability to have a huge impact on the business so expect to meet a lot of our team during the interview process.
Successful applicants should expect to hear from us within a week or so of sending through their application.
We won’t accept candidates from recruitment agencies.
What benefits there are
- Join an exciting startup at an early stage of growth
- A promise that your input will make a difference
- A competitive salary
- Work on a brand new iMac
- Year long travel loans
- Office beers and company nights out
- Work closely with highly regarded founders
Hoop launched across London in January 2016 and was downloaded by over 100,000 families in our first six months. Check out our ratings on the iPhone and Android App Stores. Families LOVE Hoop. We're currently rated 4.5 stars.
The team behind Hoop, previously founded VoucherCodes.co.uk, Europe's biggest coupon website with over 8 million members and 4 million app downloads. VoucherCodes.co.uk was was voted the seventh best small business to work for in the UK and acquired by RetailMeNot, Inc. in August of 2011. We’re well funded, and have a small but perfectly formed team of smart people on our way to building something big.
Parents Love Hoop
★★★★★ "Must-Have App for Parents in London
Seriously, tell every parent you know"
★★★★★ "A Game Changer
So informative and easy to use"
Our weekends with the kids are never boring"
Such a great app for planning quality time with your kids"
★★★★ "So Very Useful
An inspired idea"
★★★★★ "Excellent App
Invaluable information about what’s on"